Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Work
I will be returning to work when Jackson is 12 weeks old, i went for the interview for my GREAT job 4 days after the birth, I cried before I left. I am going to work to make sure our son can have a decent education, one day a home of our own to live in and decent food to eat. Brad and I have the next few years to try to pay off our debt,incured by education (nessesary) and stuff (not so nessesary) I want to be debt free by the time we are at least 31 - this is not including a home loan. Our trip to Germany will be very lean, no extra tripping about for us and I hope their is a Macca's nearby. Jackson will be minded by a loving family who mind 3 other children, so the homely aspect will not be missed. Mahin and her family are from Iran, they have 3 grown children of their own. The youngest is 14 and the most well mannered 14 year old I have ever met - the best reflection of the kind of morals and standard I hope Jackson to adopt. Brad and I instantly adored Mahin, and look forward to Jackson growing up with her as his main carer. Mahin's English is good, and is bound to improve the longer she lives in Australia, they have been here 3 years so far. Her husband is also lovely, and will be a co-carer. I am overall fairly excited about starting work again, I will be the Information Manager for the National Bowel Cancer Screening program and finally get to NOT wear a blue uniform!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That sounds like a great job...congrats on landing it!
I'm sure it will be difficult leaving Jackson but it sounds like you found a wonderful person to watch him.
What is a Macca's?
I'm glad that you are excited about your job. It would be harder to leave him for a job that you didn't like.
I have the same question as Vicki.
Dearest Christal: you are a great Mum! You will be with your precious son, for now, not like you have been since his birth, but you're hardly out of the picture by any means. Jackson knows and loves his Mum and Daddy, now and always! You and Brad are doing very well; you are doing the right things for the right reasons. Jackson's favorite part of his day will be when his Mum and Daddy come to get him. He loves you! I'm so glad you are looking forwad to traveling to Germany! We'll have a great time and everybody will love Jackson and I know you'll love Ashlyn and Kamryn; and well everybody really. I think this get together in Germany is so important and everybody so needs to see and be with each other! Until then you and Brad focus on your jobs and love each other and your precious son. Take one day at a time. All is and will be well. What do you and Brad say: It's all good!? That's right it is all good! Love, Bob/Dad/Pawpaw
PS: how about a Macca substitute...?
To make my life more difficult, Australians love to shorten as many words as possible.
Christmas -> Chrissie
Sunglasses -> Sunnies
Television -> Tellie
...million others...
McDonalds -> Maccas
We were told that there is a McD's near Hohenfels, so we can go there when you are at our house at least. If that is your craving, anyway.
Gungy and I are moping around like sick ducks in a thunder storm since the Prince has left for home.
The Harris clan have had a mega few months! Brad managed to get his degree, a new job and become a dad in a matter of one month.
Christal gave birth, landed her dream Admin job - Good bye ward work and sore feet - visit us in Queensland, scour Hobart for the perfect child carer as well as settle bubby into a rewarding routine.
Thanks for a treasure of a visit.-
Post a Comment