Hello to everyone - Jackson had a lovely Baptism day, with our closest friends along with Joy, joining Brad and me to bring Jackson into the Christian faith. It was a beautiful and inclusive ceremony, with Joy having the privilage of Baptising her Grandson in the very same gown her own son, Brad, wore 29 years ago. We had the ceremony unexpectedly as many Anglican Churches were unable to accomodate us, however on the last minute last week, I contacted the Anglican Church at Richmond who happily let Joy perform the ceremony - and through her tears our son was Baptised.
We celebrated afterwards with our guests Godparents Tim & Caz with baby Kate, Mahind and Bazard, Anthea & Mark with baby Kalen and Joy. Jackson recieved some very treasured engraved gifts and a special gold charm from Mahind and her family. We were overwelmed at the generosity shown for our precious son, and thank all our family and friends who were unable to make it on such short notice for their well wishes and love.
8 comments:
Ok, somehow I always think that you and Brad are much younger than I am. I know that I can do the math, but I was sure that you were not 29 before this post.
I love the pictures from the baptism, and I'm glad that you were able to do it on such short notice. I know that Joy was happy to be there, too.
Love you guys!
Christal you are magnificent,and what a beautiful day you organized.
Love Mum and Dad
What a wonderful day it must have been and very special that Joy could participate.
I am one of Joy's friends and Brad and my son, Clay, were in the same class in Harrison. What a beautiful day!! Great picture and I know Joy is excited to be there! Can you believe how great she looks. Tell her Hi for me and that Mike and I miss her!
Kathy & Mike Dodson
Angie - its true - 29 yrs, I almost don't believe it myself when I say it out loud! Kathy I Will pass on your message to Joy, Brad and her are on their way to explore the ruins of Port Authur today - it is freezing and Joy is not coping (ie - complaining a lot) about how cold it is! Brad is still not used to seeing her so slim.
Thanks mum.
What a beautiful baby boy in his dad's christening gown! Wish we could have been there, glad Joy could be...I know it meant a lot to her!
You've inspired me to finally get Kamryn's baptism pictures on my blog. That will surely be my next entry.
Miss you guys...
Oh, rereading this, I wanted to mention that we have an arranged marriage planned for Ashlyn with her godparents' son, who is 6 months older than her.
Congratulations to you all, but especially Jackson, on his Baptism. Sounds like a very moving ceremony, and a very happy day all round. The photos are lovely.
Post a Comment